Last Revised: November 10, 2020
What PII do we collect from the people that visit the Website?
When do we collect PII?
We collect PII from you when you fill out a form, or otherwise enter PII, on the Website.
How do we use your PII?
We may use the PII we collect from you in the following ways when you register / sign-up with us, make a purchase from us, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, use certain Website features or otherwise visit the Website:
- To provide you the Services, including, without limitation, newsletter subscriptions, and to send periodic emails to you regarding your applicable order(s) and/or the information or materials you request from us; and
- To communicate with you about our products, Services, offers, and promotions and third-party products and services that may be of interest to you;
- To comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards; and
- For use in connection with our internal business purposes (e.g., to operate, evaluate, and improve the Website, our business, and the products and Services we offer or to develop new products or services; to analyze trends and statistics regarding use of the Services, product purchases and/or transactions conducted using the Services; etc.).
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
How do we protect PII?
1908 Brands does not itself store or maintain PII, though the third-party email and other vendors we use to facilitate the hosting and provision of the Website / Services may do so. Please note that the electronic transmission of information is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures such third party vendors have in place to safeguard PII will never be defeated or fail, or that such measures will always be sufficient or effective. Any transmission of PII is at your own risk.
IN ADDITION TO, AND WITHOUT IN ANY WAY LIMITING, THE FOREGOING, (A) YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE / SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK; (B) To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, 1908 BRANDS, AND ITS AFFILIATES, THIRD PARTY VENDORS AND SUPPLIERS disclaim all Warranties, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT WITH RESPECT TO THE WEBSITE / SERVICES; AND (C) 1908 BRANDS MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE WEBSITE / SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE.
What is a “cookie” and how do we use them?
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are obligated to keep PII confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of 1908 Brands, users of the Website / Services or others;
- With your consent;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
Third-Party Use of Tracking Technologies
California Online Privacy Protection Act (“CalOPPA”)
Pursuant to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Users can visit the Website anonymously.
A Website user is able to change his / her PII by emailing us at
*We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any applicable law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 may permit users of our Website / Services who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at:
1908 Brands, LLC
3550 Frontier Ave. Unit C1
Boulder CO 80301
Children under the age of 13
The Website / Services are not directed to, and 1908 Brands does not knowingly collect or solicit PII from, children under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or received PII from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and details penalties for violations.
We collect your email address:
In order to provide you the Website / Services, including, without limitation, newsletter subscriptions; and
For use in connection with our internal business purposes.
To be in compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act, we agree to the following:
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails from 1908 Brands, you may opt-out by clicking the relevant “opt-out” or “unsubscribe” link included at the bottom of all such emails, and/or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly remove you from ALL Thrive Tribe correspondence.