Walking Tacos are the perfectly portable, no fuss, no mess meal for all your outdoor fun—camping trips, game day tailgating, parties or even Taco Tuesday! The whole concept is that these are tacos on the run…or walk. The ingredients transform a bag of chips into a taco in a bag! No plates, no bowls, no dishes to clean up! Just incredible, customizable tacos your friends and family will love! It’s such a brilliant way to enjoy tacos, especially when you’re entertaining. You’re free to roam, work the crowd, or watch the game without being tied down to a table. Such a fun party food!
PREP: 10 Min. | COOK: 15 Min. | TOTAL: 30 Min.
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 2 tbsp Schultz's Seasoning
- 6-10 snack sized bags of Fritos, Doritos, or something similar
- Schultz's Hot Sauces
- fresh salsa
- diced avocado (or guacamole)
- black beans
- diced black olives
- shredded lettuce
- pickled jalapeños
- diced tomatoes
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
How To Make
STEP 1: Add the ground beef or turkey to a large skillet and cook over medium heat. Continue cooking until the meat is no longer pink (6-8 minutes), then drain the fat.
STEP 2: In the same skillet, add the diced onion, Schultz's Seasoning, and can of diced tomatoes and green chiles and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and let simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
STEP 3: Meanwhile, begin preparing the bags of chips. Crush the chips using your hands without opening the bags. Try not to pop them!
STEP 4: All you have to do is set out the toppings and let your guests assemble their own tacos right in the bag. Pile on your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Make Ahead Walking Tacos Tips:
- Make the ground beef mixture ahead of time and let cool completely. Store in a zip close bag and reheat in a crock pot or dutch oven with 1/4 cup of water until heated through.
- Store all your taco toppings in individual containers, pre chopped and ready to go.
- If you’re planning on using avocado, don’t chop until just before serving.
- Bring a variety of single serve bags of chips – Fritos, Doritos (both nacho cheese and cool ranch), Cheetos, etc.