We love a good spinach artichoke dip...especially when it has a little kick! This Spicy Spinach Artichoke Dip is perfect for parties or backyard cookouts! We recommend doubling up on the recipe, because it will be gobbled up...and quick!
PREP: 5 Min. | COOK: 20 Min. | TOTAL: 25 Min.
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (or more to taste)
- 8 oz (1 block) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup half and half (or heavy whipping cream or regular milk)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more or less to taste)
- 10oz package of spinach
- 14oz can artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Schultz's Gourmet Original Seasoning & Rub
- 4oz diced green chilis
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
How To Make
STEP 1: Melt butter in a medium-sized dutch oven, over medium heat.
STEP 2: Once butter has melted, add the onions and sauté for 3 - 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the minced garlic, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, half and half, ground black pepper, Schultz's Gourmet original seasoning & rub, and the red pepper flakes. Cook stirring frequently, about 3-4 minutes or until bubbles start forming at the surface and lumps have dissolved.
STEP 3: Next, add the spinach, artichoke hearts, diced green chilis, red wine vinegar, parmesan, feta, and mozzarella. Let the mixture continue to cook for 5 minutes or until bubbles start forming at the surface again.
STEP 4: Let the mixture continue to cook for about 5 minutes or until it begins to bubble. Serve immediately with tortilla chips, pita chips, or crusty bread slices.