These spicy skirt steak tacos are the perfect dish to cook up with the arrival of warmer weather. Featuring the fresh flavors of springtime produce, like green onions and cilantro, plus a hint of lime to add some brightness, and a little dash of Schultz's Gourmet Spicy Original Cooking sauce for some heat, they're sure to delight!
PREP: 20 Min. | COOK: 15 Min. | TOTAL: 1HR 5 Min.
- 2lbs skirt steak
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer
- 1/2 cup lime juice, divided
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Schultz's Gourmet Seasoning & Rub
- 8 spring onions or green onions
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- Corn tortillas, for serving
- 1 bunch cilantro, rough chopped
- 2 tablespoons Schultz's Gourmet Smoky Chipotle Cooking Sauce, plus more for serving
- 1 small jalapeño, sliced and deseeded
How to Make
STEP 1: Pound beef with a meat mallet to tenderize. In a large bowl, mix beer, 1/4 cup lime juice, 2 tablespoons Schultz's Gourmet Smoky Chipotle Cooking Sauce and 2 tablespoons olive oil until blended. Add beef to marinade; turn to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 30 minutes.
STEP 2: Meanwhile, create one large score along the length of the green onions, leaving tops intact. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil; sprinkle with salt, pepper and Schultz's Gourmet Seasoning & Rub
STEP 3: Remove beef from marinade; discard any left over liquid. Season the beef with salt and pepper. On a greased grill rack, grill steaks and onions, covered, over medium heat until meat reaches desired doneness and onions are crisp-tender, about 2-4 minutes on each side.
STEP 4: Make spicy cilantro lime sauce. Add cilantro, jalapeño, remaining lime juice, and olive oil to a blender. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
STEP 5: Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Serve with tortillas, onions, spicy cilantro lime sauce, extra lime wedges additional Schultz's Gourmet Smoky Chipotle Cooking Sauce. Enjoy!