Sweet, tangy, fruity and spicy! We love this Spicy Rhubarb Relish as a springtime spread or dip! Serve on sandwiches, with toast points, and more! We're warning you now, once you taste it you'll want to put it on EVERYTHING!
PREP: 5 Min. | COOK: 1-2 HR | TOTAL: 2 HR 10 Min.
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Schultz's Gourmet Original Seasoning & Rub
- 6 cups rhubarb, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 6 small jalapeños, with seeds minced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup golden raisin
How To Make
STEP 1: In a large heavy saucepan combine salt, pepper, ground ginger, cider vinegar, allspice, cinnamon, cloves, cayenne pepper, Schultz's Gourmet Original Seasoning & Rub, and brown sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently to dissolve the sugar. Reduce heat.
STEP 2: Next, add the rhubarb, jalapenos, minced ginger, garlic, chopped onion and golden raisins to the sauce pan. Stir to combine and bring to a boil, Once rapidly boiling, reduce heat and simmer until thick, about 1-2 hours, stirring often.
STEP 3: Allow relish to cool, then spoon into Tupperware. Keep refrigerated, until serving. Note: If canning or jarring, ladle into relish mixture into clean hot jars leaving 1/2 inch head space and process in a boiling water bath canner for 10 minutes.