Upgrade your traditional turkey day stuffing by giving it a southwest twist! Filled with corn, Anaheim, poblano and jalapeño chilies, this corn bread stuffing brings the heat. After you get a bite, we promise you'll never want to go back to that boring old stuffing recipe you used to make.
PREP: 20 Min. | COOK: 30 Min. | TOTAL: 50 Min.
- 10 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups chopped seeded fresh Anaheim chilies* (8 ounces)
- 1 1/4 cups chopped seeded fresh poblano chilies * (8 ounces)
- 3 large jalapeño chilies, seeded, chopped
- 2 1-pound packages frozen petite yellow corn kernels, thawed
- 1 1/4 cups chopped green onions
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Corn Bread, 1 day old
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Schultz’s Gourmet Seasoning & Rub
How To Make
STEP 1: Preheat oven to 350°F.
STEP 2: Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add all chilies; sauté until beginning to soften, about 8 minutes. Stir in 1 package corn and green onions. Transfer to very large bowl. Mix in cilantro. Coarsely crumble corn bread into vegetable mixture; toss to blend.
STEP 3: Blend second package of corn, eggs, sugar, salt, pepper and Schultz’s Gourmet Seasoning & Rub in processor to coarse puree. Stir mixture into stuffing.
STEP 4: Generously butter 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish.
STEP 5: Transfer stuffing to prepared dish.
STEP 6: Cover with buttered foil, buttered side down.
STEP 7: Bake until heated through, about 40 minutes.
STEP 8: Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Original Recipe by Epicurious.