Creamy guac, crispy tortilla scoops and fresh shrimp come together to make these delicious Shrimp Tostada Bites. They're a perfect, light appetizer for summer cookouts, game day or even your next family taco night!
PREP: 30 Min. | COOK: 10 Min. | TOTAL: 40 Min.
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Juice of 3 limes
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Schultz’s Gourmet Original Seasoning & Rub
- Kosher salt
- 1 lb. peeled and deveined medium shrimp, thawed if frozen
- 2 avocados
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped cilantro
- Kosher salt
- Tortilla scoops, for serving
- Sour cream, for serving (optional)
How To Make
STEP 1: In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, honey, garlic, paprika, cayenne and Schultz’s Gourmet Original Seasoning & Rub. Season with salt and pepper. Add shrimp and toss until fully coated, then cover and let marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
STEP 2: Heat a small drizzle of oil in a large skillet over medium heat, once oil is hot add the shrimp and cook until pink and completely opaque, about 2-3 minutes per side.
STEP 3: Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mash avocados with lime juice, red onion, jalapeño, and cilantro and season generously with salt.
STEP 4: Dollop a tablespoon of guac into tortilla scoops, top with shrimp, garnish with cilantro, a drizzle of sour cream, and serve. Enjoy!