Street food has been making a big comeback lately, or at least it was before 2020 hit. For anyone still craving street food flavor without the fuss of wearing a mask, try this homemade recipe for Mexican Street Corn. Lightly seasoned, grilled, then topped with a creamy, smoky chipotle spread. It's the perfect addition for your next taco night!
PREP — 10 Minutes
COOK — 15 Minutes
TOTAL — 25 Minutes
- 4 ears of corn
- 1 tsp Schultz's Gourmet Premium Seasoning and Rub, and more for serving
- 1 tsp Schultz's Smoky Chipotle Cooking Sauce
- 1/2 cup crumbled cotija or feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream or Mexican crema
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 2 limes cut into wedges
1. Set grill, or stovetop with a lightly greased cast iron skillet, to high heat. Cover and allow to preheat for 5 minutes.
2. Lightly coat the ears of corn with olive oil. Season with Schultz's Seasoning & Rub.
3. Grill, or sauté, over high heat for 2-3 minutes, or to desired tenderness.
4. After removing the corn from the grill, mix Schultz's Chipotle Cooking Hot Sauce with mayonnaise and sour cream in a small bowl. Use sauce for dipping or spread 1 tbsp on each serving of corn.
5. Top with crumbled cojita or feta cheese, another dash of Schultz's Rub, freshly chopped cilantro and finish with a spritz of fresh slime juice. Enjoy!