Who knew soup could give you the warm and fuzzies! This hot pumpkin soup is perfect for when the leaves are changing and nights are cool.
PREP: 50 Min. | COOK: 8 Hours. | TOTAL: 9 Hours.
- 8 cups chopped, fresh Pumpkin, about 3 lbs.
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 3 peeled and chopped Tart Apples
- 1 chopped Onion
- 3 tbs Schultz's Gourmet Chipotle Cooking Hot Sauce
- 2 tbs Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp minced, fresh Ginger
- 2 cloves minced Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
HOW TO MAKE
STEP 1: In a 5 quart slow cooker, combine the Pumpkin, Chicken Broth, Apples, Onion, Chipotle Hot Sauce, Lemon Juice, Ginger, Garlic and Salt. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until Pumpkin and Apples are tender.
STEP 2: Meanwhile, make the Roasted Pumpkin Seeds.
STEP 3: Cool soup slightly, process in bathes in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a large saucepan until evenly heated.
STEP 4: Garnish with Roasted Pumpkin Seeds and enjoy!