There is no better way to ring in grilling season than to make use of all the seasonal produce the summer has to offer. This recipe Grilled Summer Squash with Lemon Sauce tosses zucchini and yellow squash with a sweet, spicy and garlicky lemon sauce for a refreshingly bright side dish!
PREP: 10 Min. | COOK: 10 Min. | TOTAL: 20 Min
- 3 small zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 3 small yellow squash, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon Schultz's Gourmet Original Seasoning & Rub
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, plus 1/2 a whole lemon
- 1/2 small jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon Schultz's Gourmet Lemon Garlic Cooking Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pure honey
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, torn
How To MakeSTEP 1: Set up grill for direct cooking and heat to medium-high. Once hot, clean and lightly oil grates with canola oil. Slice zucchini and squash lengthwise into 1/2 inch pieces. Brush with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and Schultz's Gourmet Original Seasoning & Rub.
STEP 2: Grill zucchini, squash, and lemon half, cut sides down, until charred and just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Set aside.
STEP 3: Squeeze juice from grilled lemon into a large bowl. Add lemon zest, Schultz's Gourmet Lemon Garlic Cooking Sauce, jalapeño, honey, and remaining tablespoon olive oil and whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Add zucchini, squash, scallions, and basil and toss to combine. Enjoy!
Recipe inspired by Taylor Murray.