This recipe for Grilled Creamed Corn couldn't be any more tasty, or easy to make for that matter! Grilled corn is mixed with creamy, rich cheese, and spicy jalapeños for a superstar side dish that will steal the show at every cookout!
PREP: 10 Min. | COOK: 10 Min. | TOTAL: 20 Min
SERVES: 4 to 8
- 6 ears corn, shucked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons Schultz's Gourmet Original Seasoning & Rub
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Shredded Monterey Jack
- 1 jalapeño, minced (optional)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
How To Make
STEP 1: Preheat grill to high. Once grill is preheated, grill corn until kernels are charred and slightly softened, 10 minutes.
STEP 2: Once cooled, cut kernels off the cob and set aside. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, and let cook until bubbly. Next whisk in milk, Schultz's Gourmet Seasoning & Rub, cream cheese and Monterey Jack. Add jalapeño, if using. Cook for another 3 minutes.
STEP 3: Stir in corn kernels and toss to coat, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with cilantro and serve.