Smokey vegetables with a sticky, tangy glaze
PREP — 15 Minutes
COOK — 20 Minutes
TOTAL — 35 Minutes
- 1 1/2 lb. parsnips
- 1 1/2 lb. carrots
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp Schultz's seasoning & rub
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
1. Peel and cut vegetables into 1-inch pieces. In a large bowl, toss parsnips, carrots and onion with the olive oil until the vegetables are well coated. Season to taste with Schultz's Seasoning & Rub.
2. Bring cider, broth, butter and maple syrup to a boil. Cook, uncovered, until reduced by half and syrupy, about 10 min. Season with Schultz's Seasoning & Rub.
3. Prepare grill for direct cooking over medium heat (300-400 degrees.) Preheat a perforated grill pan for 10 minutes.
4. Spread the vegetables onto pan in a single layer. Grill with the lid close as much as possible, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until the vegetables and tender and lightly charred.
5. Transfer veggies to a bowl, toss with the apple cider glaze and serve immediately.