Tangy, salty, breaded and fast!
PREP — 10 Minutes
COOK — 15 Minutes
TOTAL — 25 Minutes
- 1 lb Chicken Tenders
- 1/2 cup flour (use Coconut Flour or Almond Flour to make it Gluten Free!)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Schultz's Chipotle Sauce
- 1 bag Pretzels (about 5 oz - make it Gluten Free!)
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- Salt, Pepper, Paprika
- Avocado Oil (spray recommended!)
Tangy Mustard Dip Ingredients
- 1 cup Schultz's Tangy Mustard Sauce
- 2 tablespoons low-fat Mayo
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Schultz's Sweet Heat Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Cut chicken tenders to nugget size. Lightly pat to dry. Pulse pretzel crumbs in a food processor lightly until they form crumb coating. If you don't have a food processor, use a mortar and pestle or place in a bag to crush.
3. Mix salt, pepper and flour in one bowl, whisk eggs and chipotle in a second bowl, and mix pretzel crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika in a third bowl.
4. Dredge chicken pieces in flour, then egg mixture and let excess drip off. Gently roll chicken in the pretzel mix, be sure to pat on pieces to coat them well! Place nuggets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spray each nugget with a light coating of avocado oil.
5. Cook for 8 minutes, the flip each nugget, spray with more oil and cook for 8 more minutes on the other side. While the nuggets cook, combine ingredients for the dipping sauce. Taste to perfect your desired heat or flavor level. Enjoy!