These cheesy jalapeño corn nuggets are little golden bites of heaven! They're gooey, crispy, a little spicy, and perfectly poppable! We recommend doubling (or tripling) up on the recipe, these nuggets tend to fly off the plate and QUICK!
PREP: 20 MIN. | COOK: 15 Min | TOTAL: 35 Min.
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 Jalapeño, deseeded and finely diced
- 4 green onions, finely chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp Schultz’s Gourmet Original Seasoning and Rub
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
How To Make
STEP 1: In a large bowl, combine corn, mozzarella, cream cheese, green onions, jalapeño, Schultz’s Gourmet Original Seasoning & Rub and chili powder. Season with salt and pepper. Add cornmeal, flour and eggs and stir until corn is thoroughly coated.
STEP 2: Scoop mixture into small balls. Combine panko and Parmesan and season with salt, then roll balls in panko.
STEP 3: In a large pot over medium heat, heat about 1” oil until shimmering. Working in batches, add corn poppers. Cook until golden all over, about 6 minutes total. If desired, serve with additional parmesan and green onions. Serve warm and enjoy!