We're a fan of burgers, whether they're small or large, served naked or topped with cheese, or even if they're made of veggies...every burger has a special place in our heart! Take this bean burger for instance, even a meatless patty can deliver some serious flavor that will win over any die-hard meat eater.
PREP: 10 Min. | COOK: 10 Min. | TOTAL: 20 Min
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 teaspoon Schultz's Gourmet Original Seasoning & Rub
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 15oz pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 15oz black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 8 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 8 lettuce leaves
How To Make
STEP 1: In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute onion 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in carrot and spices; cook and stir until carrot is tender, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
STEP 2: In a large bowl, mash pinto and black beans using a potato masher. Stir in mustard, soy sauce, ketchup and carrot mixture. Add oats, mixing well. Shape into eight 3-1/2-in. patties.
STEP 3: Place burgers on an oiled grill rack over medium heat or on a greased rack of a broiler pan. Grill, covered, or broil 4 in. from heat until lightly browned and heated through, 4-5 minutes per side. Serve on buns with lettuce and preferred condiments.