Cheesy quinoa, broccoli and barbecue shrimp are combined for a fresh, flavorful and filling meal! Perfect for a simple summertime dinner, or even healthy mid-day lunch.
PREP: 10 Min. | COOK: 10 Min. | TOTAL: 20 Min
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 cup chicken or vegetable broth or stock
- salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, plus more for serving
- 1 1/2 lbs shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup Schultz's Gourmet Sweet Hickory Barbecue Sauce, plus more for serving
- 1lb broccoli cooked as desired (steamed, roasted, etc.)
How To Make
STEP 1: Combine quinoa, broth, a pinch of salt and pepper, and dry mustard in a pot, and cook according to package directions, about 15 minutes. When quinoa is fully cooked, stir in Greek yogurt and cheese until combined.
STEP 2: While the quinoa cooks, prepare broccoli as desired.
STEP 3: Head a drizzle of olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Add the shrimp to the pan and cook about 2 minutes, then add barbecue sauce and toss to coat. Continue to cook shrimp for 2-4 minutes or or until shrimp is opaque, pink and cooked through.
STEP 4: Divide quinoa between four bowls. Top with broccoli, shrimp, additional barbecue sauce and cheese. Serve and enjoy!