Is it really a true Memorial Day Cookout without a burger? These BBQ Bacon Cheeseburgers aren't like any burger you've had before. Seasoned with our best-selling Schultz's Gourmet Original Seasoning & Rub, and loaded with BBQ sauce, melty cheese and crispy bacon...we're drooling just thinking about them.
PREP: 15 Min. | COOK: 10 Min. | TOTAL: 25 Min.
SERVES: 4 to 8
- 16 slices crispy bacon
- 1 cup Schultz’s Gourmet Sweet Hickory Barbecue Sauce
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Schultz’s Gourmet Original Seasoning & Rub
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 red onion, sliced, for serving
- 1 large tomato, sliced, for serving
- Iceberg lettuce, for serving
- Pickles, for serving
- 8 slices Cheddar or American Cheese
- 8 hamburger buns (Kaiser, Pretzel, brioche or onion rolls)
- Mayo, for serving (optional)
How To Make
STEP 1: Preheat grill to 400°F.
STEP 2: In a large bowl, gently mix ground beef with salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and Schultz’s Gourmet Original Seasoning & Rub.
STEP 3: Form 8 large patties with the ground beef and set to the side.
STEP 4: Once grill has preheated cook burgers 4-5 minutes per side, or until desired doneness
STEP 5: Once burgers are just about done, top burgers with 1-2 slices of cheese. Continue to cook to allow cheese to melt.
STEP 6: To assemble burgers, spread mayo (optional) and BBQ sauce and on both halves of the buns, add lettuce, tomato, burger patty, onion, pickles, top each burger with 2 slices crispy bacon and additional BBQ sauce. Enjoy!