Like most Umbrian food, this Arugula and Pear Salad is pleasantly rustic. With subtly sweet flavors, a little crunch from the pine nuts and the right amount of freshness from the pears, this salad makes for a perfect balanced and refreshingly bright meal!
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 ripe pears, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 5 oz. baby arugula
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh Pecorino Romano, shaved
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
How To Make
STEP 1: Combine water and raisins in a bowl; let sit 20 minutes and drain.
STEP 2: In a large bowl, combine lemon juice and sliced pears. Add arugula, sprinkle with raisins, pine nuts and toss. Whisk balsamic, salt, and pepper in a bowl. While whisking, slowly drizzle in oil until emulsified; drizzle dressing over salad. Top with freshly shaved pecorino romano. Serve immediately and enjoy!