If we had to choose a few words to describe this Tricolore Salad with Grapefruit Vinaigrette, we'd use Sweet, Acidic, Savory and Downright Delicious. Though simple in its ingredients, this salad is amazingly fresh and full of flavor. To make it a complete meal, pair with a glass of white wine and fresh bread and butter—you can thank us later!
- 3 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 clove garlic, finely minced or mashed into paste
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 grapefruit (red or white), peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh grapefruit juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 5 oz. baby arugula
- 1 head radicchio, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 large bulb fennel, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fennel fronds, roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh Pecorino Romano, shaved
STEP 1: Whisk balsamic, garlic, shallot, grapefruit juice, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. While whisking, slowly drizzle in oil until emulsified.
STEP 2: Add half the grapefruit, arugula, radicchio, fennel, half the pecorino romano, salt, and pepper; toss to combine.
STEP 3: Garnish with remaining grapefruit and pecorino.