If you're unfamiliar with soporessata, it is an Italian dry-cured pork salami. On the fence about putting it on your pizza? Don't be! We're telling you it is out of this world delicious and a great substitute for pepperoni or sausage. This Sweet & Spicy Soppressata and Fennel pizza makes use of two kinds of soppressata, a great balance of sweet and spicy. Add some fennel for texture and a little complimentary flavor and you've got the perfect pie!
- 2 1/2 cups fresh mozzarella, grated
- 1 cup Pasta Jay's Classic Marinara
- 2 ounces thinly sliced spicy soppressata
- 2 ounces thinly sliced sweet soppressata
- ½ fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 2–3 fresh red chiles, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano, finely grated
- Olive oil
- Pizza dough of choice
- Coarsely chopped fennel fronds, for serving
- Flaky sea salt, for serving
- Crushed red pepper flakes, for serving
How To Make
STEP 1: Preheat oven to 425°F.
STEP 2: Spread dough out on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Evenly coat dough with Pasta Jay's Classic Marinara and top with soppressata, fennel, chiles, and pecorino; drizzle with oil. Bake until golden brown and crisp on bottom and sides, 20–30 minutes.
STEP 3: Serve topped with fennel fronds, sea salt, and red pepper flakes. Enjoy!