Get your serving of greens for the day with this recipe for Spaghetti with Spinach and Pistachio-Mint Pesto! Packed full of fresh spring herbs and produce, it's the perfect dish for a light, bright, warm weather dinner!
- 1/3 cup packed fresh mint
- 1/3 cup packed fresh basil
- 1/3 cup packed fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 2 small garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup shelled dry-roasted, unsalted pistachios
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for cooking
- 1/3 cup finely chopped shallots
- 4 cups unsalted vegetable stock
- 12 ounces spaghetti or linguine
- 1 (5-ounce) package fresh baby spinach, cut into 1/2-inch-thick strips
- 3 ounces Burrata cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped shelled dry-roasted, unsalted pistachios
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
How To Make
STEP 1: Combine mint, basil, parsley, lemon rind, lemon juice, garlic and Parmigiano-Reggiano into a blender or food processor ; add 1/4 cup pistachios, and process until finely chopped. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt; pulse to combine. Add 3 tablespoons oil; process until blended.
STEP 2: Heat a large pot oven over medium-high heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil Stir in shallots; sauté 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in stock, remaining salt, and pasta; bring to a boil. Cook until pasta is done about 12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove pan from heat. Stir in pesto and spinach.
STEP 3: Top pasta with Burrata, and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with chopped pistachios and crushed red pepper.