Crispy swiss chard, perfectly salty sausage, and rich ricotta make this pizza one of our new favorites! It has a perfect balance of flavors and textures, plus as an added bonus you're sneaking your daily greens in...what's not to love!
- 3/4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1lb. hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1bunch Swiss chard, ribs and stems sliced into 1-inch pieces, leaves torn
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound prepared pizza dough, room temperature
- ⅓ cup finely grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves
- 1 cup grated Fontina cheese
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1/4 cup Pasta Jay's Classic Marinara
How To Make
STEP 1: Preheat oven to 450°F.
STEP 2: Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and break into small pieces with a wooden spoon. Let cook until browned, about 4 minutes. Add chard stems; cook, tossing occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Transfer sausage and chard stems to a medium bowl with a slotted spoon.
STEP 3: Let skillet and drippings cool until just warm, then add chard leaves, turning to coat. Season with salt and pepper; transfer to bowl with sausage mixture.
STEP 4: Stretch dough into a large oval on baking sheet or pizza stone, coat with Pasta Jay's Classic Marinara; season with salt and pepper. Top with half of Parmesan and rosemary, followed by sausage mixture, Fontina, ricotta, then remaining Parmesan and rosemary.