Boy do we love sausage, pepperoni and prosciutto, but sometimes it's nice taking a break from meat-centric pizzas and enjoying something a little lighter. This roasted vegetable pizza is perfect for vegetarians, Meatless Monday's, or even if you're just in the mood for pizza but you want to try to keep things a little healthier! Made with mushrooms, fresh bell peppers, zucchini and tied together with Pasta Jay's Classic Marinara, this vegetable pizza is sure to become a new pizza night favorite!
- Pizza Dough
- 2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup (1/4-inch-thick) slices zucchini
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thick slices
- 5 ½ teaspoons olive oil, divided
- ⅓ cup Pasta Jay's Classic Marinara
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ⅓ cup part-skim ricotta cheese, optional
- 2 tablespoons small fresh basil leaves
How To Make
STEP 1: Preheat oven to 450°F.
STEP 2: Combine mushrooms, zucchini, black pepper, yellow bell pepper, red bell pepper and red onion in a large bowl; drizzle with 1 1/2 tablespoons oil. Toss, making sure vegetables are coated. Arrange vegetables on a medium baking sheet. Bake at 450°F for 15 minutes or until lightly roasted.
STEP 4: Spread dough on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Brush dough with 1 teaspoon oil. Spread Pasta Jay's Classic Marinara evenly over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle 1/2 cup mozzarella over sauce; top with vegetables. Sprinkle 1/2 cup mozzarella and crushed red pepper over zucchini mixture. Dollop with ricotta (optional).
STEP 5: Bake at 450°F for 15-18 minutes or until crust is golden and crispy. Sprinkle with basil and serve. Enjoy!