One pot pasta is an easy family friendly meal you can whip up quickly on weeknights. Essentially the idea is that you don’t have to pre-cook the pasta. It's a no-fuss meal using only one pot – the pasta cooks with the sauce and other ingredients all together. This is a quicker cooking method (which means dinner on the table more quickly, and quicker clean-up) that results in tender pasta that soaks up all the flavors you’re cooking with. And that’s the kind of fail-proof weeknight meal that can makes anyone feel good!
- 1 pound (lb) lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (8-ounce) package of fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (25-ounce) jars of Pasta Jay's Tomato Basil Italian pasta sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon of dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (20-ounce) package of refrigerated four-cheese ravioli
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Cook ground beef in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring until it crumbles and meat is no longer pink; drain. Wipe Dutch oven clean.
2. Sauté onion and mushrooms in hot oil over medium-high heat 8 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Stir in beef, Pasta Jay's Tomato Basil Sauce, 1 cup water, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
3. Bring sauce to a boil; add ravioli. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 8-10 minutes or until pasta is done. Stir in the shredded mozzarella and you're ready to serve!
This Recipe Was Originally Featured By Southern Living