Looking for a scary fun Halloween dinner? Look no further than these creepy "monster" sandwiches. One bite into these scary sliders and you'll be hooked.
- 1 bag frozen precooked Italian meatballs (OR see recipe for homemade meatballs)
- 1 jar (24 ounces) Pasta Jay's Marinara Sauce
- 24 dinner rolls or small hoagie buns (opt for smaller, slider-sized rolls)
- 1 container of Ciliegine mozzarella (you can also use sticks of string cheese, cut into slices)
- 1 jar sliced black olives (for the eyes)
- 1 jar of diced pimento peppers (for the eyes)
- Fresh Salad Greens
- Chopped Pickles (Optional)
How To Make
STEP 1: Prepare the meatballs according to package directions, or follow this simple recipe
STEP 2: Meanwhile, combine the Marinara Sauce with the cooked meatballs. You can use the same dish, just be sure to drain the grease from the pan or baking dish you used before adding the sauce. Keep covered over low heat or in the oven.
STEP 3: Prepare your greens, condiments, and other toppings.
STEP 4: Stuff the center of the olives with a pimento pepper.
STEP 5: Warm the dinner rolls or hoagie buns.
STEP 6: Arrange your ingredients and start layering onto your roll or bun. Start with the greens, then add 1 or 2 meatballs. Next add a ball of mozzarella and top it with the halved black olive to create the monster eyeball.
STEP 7: Scare and Enjoy!