If pizza and pasta are favorites in your household then this recipe is a must try! This pasta bake is literally just a casserole made with pizza ingredients. However, instead of the dough for a pizza crust, the noodles are our carbs of choice!
- 1 Jar of Pasta Jay’s Classic Marinara
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked elbow pasta
- 3 cups water
- 1 (5 ounce) package mini pepperoni, divided (or substitute with regular or turkey pepperoni, chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Optional: Parmesan cheese and fresh chopped parsley or basil, for garnish
Step 1: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Step 2: In the prepared baking dish (or in a separate bowl), stir together uncooked pasta, Pasta Jay's marinara sauce, water, about ¾ of the package of pepperoni, and salt. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes.
Step 3: Remove dish from oven, take off cover, and give the pasta a stir. At this point it should be almost done, but still a bit firm ("al dente").
Step 4: Sprinkle mozzarella over the top and place remaining pepperoni slices on top of the cheese. Return the dish to the oven and bake, uncovered, for about 5-10 more minutes (or until cheese is melted and pasta is tender).
Step 5: Garnish with optional grated Parmesan cheese and fresh herbs, if desired.