Enjoy a seafood dish that's simple enough for a weekday and elegant enough for entertaining. This restaurant-worthy pasta dish can be on your table in just 30 minutes! A seafood medley of shrimp and sea scallops join together with sautéed mushrooms and a tomato cream sauce in this deliciously rich and creamy seafood pasta recipe.
- 2 cups Pasta Jay's Creamy Tomato Sauce
- 1 lb. linguine
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb. Shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 2 large shallots, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 lb. large scallops, cut in half
- 1/2 lb. medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and cut crosswise in half
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh chives, chopped
- Fresh parsley, chopped
How to Make
STEP 1: In a large saucepan boil water for the pasta. When water begins to boil add salt liberally, let water return to a boil and cook pasta to al dente. Drain.
STEP 2: Heat a large skillet over medium heat with olive oil, 3 turns of the pan. Add mushrooms, shallots and garlic, red pepper flakes and sauté 5 minutes.
STEP 3: Deglaze the pan with sherry, stir in Creamy Tomato pasta sauce and bring to a bubble. Season seafood with lemon zest, salt, and pinch of red pepper flakes. Raise the heat a bit then add to the skillet and heat through or cook until just about firm and opaque, about 3-5 minutes.
STEP 4: Toss hot pasta with sauce and chives and parsley, adjust seasoning and serve.