Lasagna in its traditional form is definitely one of the classic, comfort dishes. There are a lot of different lasagna recipes out there, but lasagna in dip form?? This lasagna dip will convert us all to double-dipper status. Get ready to dip, bite, repeat with our version of this cheesy, gooey, classic comfort that's all kinds of wonderful. It’s meat, sauce and cheese so what's not to love? right? Except that’s not what makes it. Our version of this appetizer is served with freshly fried, crisp pasta chips! Trust us, all of your favorite lasagna flavors in an addictive dip recipe will be a welcome addition to any party.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked sweet Italian sausage
- 3/4 cup Pasta Jay's Classic Marinara Sauce
- 6 ounces small-curd cottage cheese (about 3/4 cup)
- 4 ounces whole-milk ricotta cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 12 ounces pre-shredded mozzarella (about 3 cups), divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 8 ounces uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1/2 teaspoons salt (for seasoning)
- Vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together the lasagna ingredients - sausage, Pasta Jay's Classic Marinara, cottage cheese, ricotta, Parmesan, oregano, basil, black pepper, crushed red pepper, 2 1/4 cups of the mozzarella, and 1 teaspoon of the salt in a medium bowl. Spoon the mixture into a 2-cup baking dish and spread evenly. Sprinkle remaining 3/4 cup mozzarella over top, and bake in preheated oven until golden and bubbly, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- While the lasagna dip is baking, cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Carefully drain and pat dry with paper towels. Then cut the noodles into triangle, similar in shape to a tortilla chip.
- Pour oil to a depth of 3 inches into a Dutch oven; heat over high to reach 360°F. Fry the noodles in the hot oil until golden brown and crispy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Carefully remove the noodles from the oil and place them on paper towels to drain. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and then serve with the lasagna dip.